Embassy of Turkey in Latvia
A. Pumpura iela 2 1010 Riga Latvia
Turkey has recognized the Republic of Latvia in 1925. The first diplomatic representative of our country to three Baltic countries was established at Riga in 1929 at the level of the Embassy. İbrahim Osman Bey was appointed as the Maslahatgüzar to the mission chief of the first Embassy in Riga. On the request of Estonian President Constantine Pats, the kinship embassy in Riga was moved to the capital of Estonia, Tallin, in 1935, and Ambassador Nuri Batu was appointed to the mission chief.
The decision of the Soviet Union to join the Parliament of the Republic of Latvia on 21 June 1940 under the press of the Soviet Union and the annexation of Latvia by the Soviet Union on August 5, 1940, and following the Second World War, in 1944 the Soviet Union by the Union of re-occupation and annexation of Turkey de jure has not been recognized.
Our diplomatic relations with Latvia, which declared its independence on March 4, 1990 in the process of the disintegration of the Soviet Union, was re-established with a joint declaration in Riga on 3 September 1991.
Our Embassy, which started its service on September 29, 2005 at the temporary baths of Blaumana iela, 5a, Riga, was moved to the present building in 2008.