Turkish Embassy in Tokyo, Japan
2-33-6, Jingumae, Shibuya-Ku, Tokyo, Japan 150-001
Diplomatic relations between Turkey and Japan was founded in 1924 and our first representative office was opened in 1925 in Japan before.
We are the first representative in Japan, Hulusi Fuat Tugay, who served in Tokyo from 1925 to 1929 as Permanent Officer. Our first Ambassador was Cevat Ezine, who served in 1929-1931.
We have been serving in the Harajuku neighbourhood of Tokyo since 1977, with a staff of 35, currently having a Commercial Counsellor, an Economic Counsellor, a Culture Consulting Office, a Press Counsellor and a Military Attaché.
The architecture of the Tokyo Embassy building, consisting of Kanchilarya and mission chief housing sections, is Kenzo Tange, which is considered among the most respected architects of the 20th century and has also carried out projects of the stadium and additional facilities of the opening and closing ceremonies of the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.
Our Embassy is also accredited to Palau and Micronesia as well as to Japan.