Embassy of Turkey in Athens, Greece
Vassileos Gheorgiou B8 106 74 Athens Greece
The Ottoman Embassy in Athens was opened in 1840. Due to the First World War and the War of Independence, diplomatic relations with Greece were suspended between 1 July 1917 and 11 January 1924.
One of the Embassy building, 1934 by the Republic of Turkey was purchased in July. This building was previously used as a residence by Georgios Skouzes, Don Guido Canti Bolognetti (Vukovar Prince), Georgios Frangopoulos, Athanasios Andritsakis and Eleftherios Venizelos (formerly Prime Ministers of Greece).
Built in 1926, the building has a neo-classical Greek architectural style. It is made of stone and has 3 floors. Located in the historical center of Athens, the building is just 100 meters from the Presidential Palace and the Prime Minister.
In June of 2013, a building was purchased from our Embassy . The building, which is located between the Rigilis, Likiou and Stisihorou streets, is built on a plot of 609 m2 and has an area of 1.300 m2. Built in the early 1900s, the building is 3 floors and has a basement cave.