Embassy of Turkey in Finland
Puistokatu 1 b A 3 00140 , Helsinki, Finland
Friendship Treaty establishing political relations between Turkey and Finland signed on 9 December 1924 and entered into force in 1926. Helsinki’s representative in Turkey has served in the embassy charge d’affaires level and between the years 1946-1959, it was upgraded to embassy level in 1959.
Since 1992, our Embassy has been operating in Helsinki, Kanlilary, a distance of 10 minutes walk from the city center, in the Ullanlinna district where other important country embassies and well-known Kaivopuisto Park are located. Our consulate branch is located on the entrance floor of the same building. Our Military Attaché, in the Chancellery of our Embassy; Our Promotion and Culture Consultancy and Trade Consultancy provide services in separate buildings.
Built in 1900, when the Embassy was built, the building is a historical monument. The apartment, which was used as kançilar, was subjected to extensive restoration after its purchase in 1992 and preserved its classic old style architecture with high ceilings. Rotation-specific ceramic fireplaces and fine ceiling operations are maintained