Sanliurfa also known as Urfa has been given the name Sanli meaning honourable after is independence from the French and English occupancy. All tourists would like to enter Turkey will have to have a holiday visa for Turkey. The application for Turkey visa will give you access to a holiday visa for Turkey.
Sanliurfa , between the old and people with short name Urfa , Turkey ‘s ninth most populous province and a city. As of the end of 2016, it has a population of 1,940,627.  Mardin in the east , Gaziantep in the west , Adıyaman in the north , Diyarbakir in the north , and Syria in the south . The former names of the city are Ur, Urhoy, Urhei, Orhei, Orhayi, Ruhai, Ruhha, Ar-Ruha, Reha and Edessa. He received the title “Şanlı” in 1984 due to the memory of his success in the War of Independence .
Şanlıurfa has 13 counties. An average altitude of 518 meters Sanliurfa, 19,451 km 2 ‘like the surface area of Turkey’s seventh largest yl.
In 1919, Urfa, first occupied by the English , then by the French , was rescued from the occupation by Urfian militia on 11 April 1920 ; Urfa deputy Osman Dogan and his 17 friends, in the War of Independence , due to the prowess of Urfa, the name of Şanlıurfa in the name of the proposed legislation was accepted by the Parliament on December 6, 1984 and passed legislation. In 2016, due to the heroism of the people of Şanlıurfa in the Turkish War of Independence, the Turkish Grand National Assembly awarded the Independence Medal to this city . 
Turkey Statistics Institute (TUIK) announced that for the year 2011 “Address Based Population Registration System Results” considering the population exceeding 750,000 Sanliurfa, was metropolitan of Law No. 6360 dated November 12, 2012.
It has been settled since the Polished Stone Age around Urfa . Göbeklitepe Höyüğü is the site of the oldest known mosque of the world used in 11000 BC.
Urfa Qur’an, the Bible and Tonah (Old Testament / Torah), the Prophet Abraham, is considered to be the birthplace of the mosque in memory. It is also considered to be the birthplace of the Prophet Job (biblical and Old ahide Job ). 
Urfa is a result of a discovery made in the north of today’s Balıklıgöl under the city center. 9500’de to the Pottery-Bull Neolithic Tilting .
He lived under the dominance of civilizations such as Ebla , Akkad , Sumer , Babylon , Hittite , Hurri – Mitanni , Aramaic , Assyrian , Persian , Macedonian ( Hellenistic Period ), Roman , Byzantine in the historical process of 11,500 years .
Urfa, 1094 in the Great Seljuk domination has entered. In 1098, the Crusader Edessa Count joined the Ottoman borders with Ayyubids , Memluks , Karakoyunlular , Timuridan State , Akkoyunlular , Safeviler and finally, in 1516, Yavuz Sultan Selim ‘s memorials defeated in the mercidabik war . Prior Urfa, located within the borders of Rakka State , was connected to Aleppo Province in 1876 and became an independent sanctuary in 1916.
Urfa, which was in the hands of the Ottomans until the First World War , was liberated from the occupation of the enemy on April 11, 1920, the city occupied first by the British in 1919 and then by the French . It became a province in 1924 after the Republic. In 2010, Şanlıurfa was planned to be transformed into a metropolitan municipality before the election and in the last quarter of 2012 it became Metropolitan Municipality like the other 13 provinces . 
Issued in 2012 in Şanlıurfa with Law No. 6360, which limits the territorial boundaries of metropolitan municipalities of the province and was established in 2014 local elections in Turkey then began to study metropolitan municipality
The economic activities of the city are agricultural, livestock, tourism and industrial products.
Şanlıurfa has fertile soil as agriculture. Harran Plain comes first of them. Agricultural activities such as peanut agriculture, cotton agriculture, lentils, wheat and so on. cereal agriculture has developed. In the last five years, corn cultivation has gained importance as irrigation resources have also grown. greenhouse agriculture in the city in the winter of advanced Karaali greenhouse peppers, tomatoes and eggplant cultivation of making both the city and grown products are shipped to the four corners of Turkey.
Livestock breeding is mostly carried out in cattle breeding. And sheep milk cheese, yoghurt, milk etc. is obtained. Especially Siverek cheese is famous.
Ilde Industry has been established in the past 15 years with the development of the Organized Industrial Zone, many factories have been established. There are ginning factories, textile factories  , detergent factories, spinning factories, glass factory  , plastic factory, agriculture peanut factory, tomato paste factory and olive oil factory, in particular textile factories .
Balıklıgöl , (Aynzeliha and Halil-Ür Rahman Lakes) These two lakes, located on the south-west of Sanliurfa city center and where the Prophet Abraham falls when he was thrown into the fire, are the most visited places of Şanlıurfa with their sacred fishes and historical artifacts in their surroundings.
The city has developed around a very lively Grand Bazaar in Middle Eastern style. The traditional architectural texture is partly corrupted, and there are many old buildings with stunning beauty among the streets. One of the most beautiful old houses is the Şurkav Culture House which is restored by Şurkav (Şanlı Urfa Culture and Research Foundation).
Around 20 km from Şanlıurfa, near the village of Örencik , There is a temple dating back to the 11th millennium BC , dating from the Polished Stone Age at the Göbeklitepe Mound with architectural remains, stalactites and reliefed wild animal and plant figures belonging to ceremonial fields for worship .  It is described by archaeologists as the world’s oldest temple.  The Stonehenge stones of the United Kingdom were built 6,000 years earlier.  Theories of religion and civilization in human history re-arranging, first of all, religion and civilization has emerged after the sign.  In addition, historical artifacts and artifacts from Göbeklitepe and other regions have begun to be exhibited at the Sanliurfa Museum , which was opened in 2015 .
B.C. Which it is believed founded as a commercial arm of the city of Ur in 2000 Harran Sumerian or Akkadian language caravan meaning or crossing point “Harran-U” is thought to derive from the word. Mongol invasion in the collapsed date of Harran University history with ruins of Harran houses can be seen.
Selahaddin Eyyubi Mosque
In Sanliurfa, St. Yuhannes (Baptist Yahya) Church, built by Bishop Nona in 457, was located where the Selahattin Eyyubi Mosque was located on the Governor Fuat Bey Street (Yeniyol). This structure was also used as the Palace of Justice. Selahattin Ayyubi Mosque was built between 900 and 1250 on this church during Selahattin Ayyubi period. The church is made of cut stone with a rectangular plan and three naves and a basilica plan. The church is covered with a barrel vault on the inside and a flat roof on the outside. The middle part of the nephew is wider and higher than the side nephew. The entrance is in the west direction, where there is a seven part narthex. The narthex is used as the last congregation place after the view is turned. This section is based on six rounded columns. The place of worship is illuminated by windows to a very large extent. On the edges of these windows are half columns and dragon reliefs hanging around each other. In addition, saints and bird figures carrying crosses on the titles of the half-columns were covered with plaster after the building was turned. Apart from this, no decoration is found in the structure.
The church of the church is half dome. From these, the middle apse is connected by corridors with barrel vaults to the side apses. The apses are not protruding outwardly as seen in the Syrian basilica, but are of a flat wall shape. A cradle vaulted pastoforium (priest cells) was added adjacent to the lateral apses.
It is understood that the old photographs about this church had a graveyard next to it and the church was covered with a flat roof. The building was in ruined condition for many years, it was used as an electricity power plant and it was repaired on May 28, 1993 and Selahattin Eyyubi Mosque was opened.
It is the oldest of the mosques in the Urfa center. Bishop Rabula, who died in AD 435-436 while an old synagogue, It was converted into the Stephon Church. It was built by Nurettin Zengi in 1170-1175, instead of the so-called “Red Church”, with the reason that many marble columns are in red color.
It is in the group of multi-legged glasses in Anatolia and has a rectangular rectangular plan with three rows of crossed vaults parallel to the wall of the kebble. The last congregation place covered with cross vaults standing on fourteen pointed arched courtyards and on the stands was used for the first time in Anatolian Ulu Mosque in Anatolia. The octagonal bell tower of the building is used today as a minaret.
Ibrahim’s Birth Cave and Mevlid-i Halil Mosque İbrahim, Mevlid-i Halil Mosque was built in the south of the cave. According to Rivay, Nemrut, the sovereign ruler, has a dream. They tell their astrologers what they saw in the morning’s dream. “When a child born this year will put an end to your reign”, Nemrut demands that all boys be born that year by giving orders to their people.
The lady of the court of Azerbaijan secretly brings Abraham to the world in this cave. Abraham lived in this cave until the age of seven. The water in the cave where Abraham was born is believed to be healing and healing many diseases.
The Authority of the Prophet Eyyüp
It is reported that the prophet of Eyyüp came to the world in the village of Desniye in the country of 2100 BC called Syria’s upper land between Damascus and Ramla. The Prophet Eyyüp, who is kept in the leprosy, does not give up worshiping Allah by continuing to draw the ordeal of the cave with his wife Rahime. Despite all his sufferings, he will not rebel against Allah. Finally, the Prophet Eyyüp wins the test, heals by healing with the healing water specified by God, and the lady and her own property and son are bestowed and live for a long time. The cave where the prophet of Eyyüp, who is in the center of Şanlıurfa, is suffering is visited as the Prophet of Eyyüp.
At 45 km from Harran, there is a ruin and the remains of the Roman Devrine belong to the remains. Hundreds of rock graves were built from cut stone. Some walls and basic remains of these structures came up to daylight. It is known as a cave between the ruins of Şuyayb city, the office of Prophet Muhammad Shuayb.
Halfeti (Hidden Paradise)
The king of Assyria in 855 BC III. He was named Shitamrat when he was captured by Salmanassar. The Greeks gave this name to Urima by changing it. The Assyrians used the names of Kal’a Rhomeyta and Hesna the Romay. After passing through the city the Arabs were named Kal’at-ül Rum. By the time of the Byzantines in the 2nd century, it was named Romanion Bay.
In 1280, besieged by the Mamluk army under Beysari, the Christian neighborhoods in the city were looted for five days. In 1290 this time the Mamluk Sultana was conquered by Ashraf. And for the last time the city repaired by the Mamluks was named Kal’at-ul Muslim. The city which passed Ottoman Empire at the time of Yavuz Sultan Selim was taken to Urumgala and Rumkale in 1954 and became a district.Insect Caves
These caves located in the Bozova district of Yeniköy Mezras near the Roman period. Various excavations were made of Roman period metal coins. and at the same time İNBASI and KAHXNIK) caves are based on a very old tradition.