Croatia-Turkey Political Relations
Turkey, Croatia was among the first countries to recognize its independence; has established close ties with this country and every territory, supporting Croatia’s accession to NATO.
It is observed that mutual high-level visits, which accelerated with the ” Strategy Document ” signed between Foreign Ministries at the beginning of 2009, contributed to the development of bilateral relations. 2010, which was introduced in January Turkey-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina Tripartite Consultation Mechanism and June 2009-June 2010 period we undertook a year for the Presidency “Southeast Europe Cooperation Process (SEECP)” within the framework established close cooperation between the two countries on regional issues.
- Mr. President visited our country on April 26-27, 2016.
- Croatian President Kolinda Grabar Kitarovic visited Istanbul on 23-24 May 2016 in the context of the World Humanitarian Summit.
- Mr. Prime Minister visited Croatia on 12-13 December 2009.
- Croatian Prime Minister Jadranka Kosor visited our country on 24 November 2010.
- Minister made a visit on 9-11 July 2015 within the scope of the 10th Croatian Forum.
- Vice Prime Minister I of Croatia and Foreign and European Affairs Minister Vesna Pusic visited our country on 19 December 2014.
Turkey-BiH-Croatian Foreign Ministers in the framework of tripartite consultation mechanism of the UN General Assembly on 72 September 2017 in the margins have come together in New York.
The Turkey-Croatia parliamentary friendship existing between our countries wing Turkish group chairman of the AK Party Manisa deputy Ismail Bilen, Croatian President HNS wing deputies Goran Beus Richembergh’.